Our neighborhood is characterized by violence and a lack of resources. This is most evident in the lack of educational opportunities available to our young people.
Majority of students in Westside Atlanta are unprepared for college with 3 out of 4 schools in the area are graded as chronically failing. Most youth arrive at BF Academy 3 to 4 levels below grade level.
The Complete Solution
Our holistic approach to supporting these teens involves our academy, after-school programs, and summer camp.
- Grades 6-12 in small classrooms (15 max)
- Full accreditation from state of Georgia
- 25,000 square foot state of the art education facility
- Extracurricular activities available Monday-Thursday after school
- Study hall, SAT prep, tech training, music, art, athletics
- Home cooked meal at the end of the day
- Mandatory program to keep students engaged
- Offers additional academic instruction
- Exposes students to diverse cultural activities and field trips
- Includes week long excursions to the beach and mountains
- Teaches real life skills to prepare students for post high school life
- 95% college acceptance rate
- Improved Standardized test scores
- Expanded employment opportunities
- 28,220 bus rides annually
- 45,500 meals served annually
- 180 days per year of extracurricular activities offered per student